Sunday, January 18, 2015

Saving idea on new running apparel

Many of my running friends have lamented the desire for new running gear but not the prices for new running gear. If I can find a way to save money on something I use as much as running gear, it's a double win as far as I am concerned.

I had a coupon for a big box sports store and went in to see what deals could be found. I liked a pair of running pants but they did not have my size in women's and the woman said for me to check the girls department because they might have been put away on the wrong rack.

LIGHTBULB!


Zipped over to the girls section and it was like the heavenly hosts of angels sang as I found the pants not only on sale for HALF of the women's price, but in great bounty! I bought three pair of the XL girls instead of women's medium and they fit great. In a way, they actually fit BETTER because I have no tushie to speak of and neither do many young girls.

If you wear any size up to a women's medium....check out the kids wear! Even a friend who normally wears a large can do the pants, but not the tops, in girls sizes!

Another option is to buy off season. If you know you are going to run next year and presumably it will be hot that summer or cold that winter, you can buy the summer gear on uber discount in October and the winter duds in April that are practically free! 

One of my favorites is to find items at consignment. My two favorite running jackets both came from consignment and at a fraction of the price they were new and I got them in season!  Things like bras, socks and shoes....gotta get them new as far as I am concerned, but anything else I am up to try from a selective consignment store.

And don't forget referral systems!  I do not ever want to be that person that chases people down to sign up for various clubs or Facebook pages or you name it...however if someone says they really like my outfit or would like to find affordable clothing, I am going to offer to send them a link to Fabletics. They get their first outfit for very little, I get a 10$ thank you and they get one for their next order! I always make sure people know I'm getting a little something for the referral, but so are they. :)

What great ideas do you have on saving for your running apparel?

1 comment: