Thursday, January 1, 2015

A tasty treat for 2015!

Last night I took a new creation to a party and they were a hit, so I am sharing the ridiculously easy recipe with you. It's a quick one and you can frost or not, your choice!

Brownies:
1 box of SF Pillsbury Brownie Mix
1/3 cup Eggbeaters
3/4 cup water
2 scoops protein powder (I used Syntrax Peanut Butter Cookie)
2 oz cream cheese (full fat)

I heated the cream cheese so it would be easy to mix and added the Eggbeaters and water and when that was at the slightly chunky slurry phase, I added the protein powder. After that was well incorporated I added the brownie mix. 

Do not over beat, but you don't want any large chunks of unmixed brownie mix, either. 


Put this in an 8x8 baking dish. I used the Pampered Chef unglazed pan and so I spritzed it with PAM. Because I do not add oil to the brownies, they need a little help to lift out after baking. 

Bake as directed on package and cool completely (I put mine in the refrigerator) before attempting to put icing on or it will be more of a glaze.

Icing:
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons PB2
3/4 cup powdered Swerve
4 oz cream cheese (full fat)
1 tablespoon of butter at room temp
1/4 cup water OR SF Torani Syrup

In my food processor I put the first five ingredients and started pulsing until it was fairly well mixed and then added, a tsp at a time, water. I have found the humidity, temperature and even being just a tad off with measuring can really impact the amount of water needed in icing. I have never used the entire 1/4 cup, but that is what I dip my teaspoon into for the water. Better to go slow and really watch the creaminess develop in the icing than to overwater and end up with a runny mess. Which you can correct by either making it a glaze OR adding more of the first five ingredients to even it out and storing the icing for future use. 

You can use any flavor protein powder that would 'go' with chocolate. Some choices I've made in the past are:
Caramel Pretzel
Cookies and Cream
Mint Chocolate Chip
Columbian Coffee
Chocolate Truffle
Vanilla Latte

ENJOY!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment