Tuesday, October 7, 2014

When your favorite lipstick is discontinued, you need someone to commiserate with you!

I am very conscientious about the products I use, the food I buy, the way we dispose of items after we are done with them.  When I find a company that meets my criteria for make up--with a minimum of Leaping Bunny certification, and products that I like, colors that work for me and a reasonable price, I become exceptionally loyal. 

Loyalty is not a two way street!

The last tube of my beloved Jane Iredale lipstick in Carmen was getting low, so I logged onto the site to order another. No longer made. Not only no longer made, but the entire formulation and lipstick tube style changed. No bueno! 

So the search began! Luckily, I found a local retailer who carried the product and had not one, but two tubes on hand! I am a lipstick wearer. It is pretty rare to see me without it unless I am in a grueling workout...and even then, I sometimes will glide some on for a bit of cheer to myself!  The list of Leaping Bunny makers helps narrow things down, but then finding the color, the quality, the product I love...now that is a trick to be sure!

The Body Shop came up in several searches and I will admit that the price being a third of what I used to pay made me suspect it was not going to be what I was looking for from a quality perspective. Online, colors are tough to determine. I was fortunate enough to have a store in a city where I recently traveled for a race and on the day prior when I had to burn off some fidgeting energy, I went to the mall and visited my new favorite make up destination!

When I walked in the salesperson asked what she could help me find. I babbled that my favorite lipstick had been discontinued and that I was down to a sliver in my final tube and that I was desperately seeking a new lip color. She reached out to me, touched my forearm, looked me in the eye and said "Oh, a discontinued lip color is awful. I know just how hard it is to find a favorite!" I wanted to hug her. She really did understand and having that commiseration was such a welcome treat.

So I walked over to the display and used a small strip of color from my scarce supply and then we painted sample colors perpendicular to the beloved Carmen. And we found a fairly close match in 125. No name, just a number. I tried it on, loved it, looked great in it and the wearability is even better than what I had before!

After buying many, many tubes I returned to my hotel with a huge crimson smile on my face. There is nothing quite like that favorite lip color being back in your handbag and plenty back up stock...and I'll be stalking The Body Shop website, if they ever show 125 being discontinued, I will be buying a case of it!

1 comment:

  1. I am still so very lost without my Bath & Body Works Vanilla Sugar Lip Balm SPF 15!! Oh how I miss it!

    ReplyDelete