Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Me and my changed self

For the most part, I don't like to advertise to those that don't know or remind those that do, that I am a recovering obese person. But I am. I'm in recovery and living life as a thin person. Much in the way an alcoholic can be in recovery as a sober person. But the thing I've noticed about alcoholics is that they will not forget the rock bottom they hit and they can tell you exactly how long they have been sober and carry a talisman of one sort or another to remind themselves of their journey.

So in wanting to honor the truth of my journey, I also can't pretend that I was a thin but unfit person who got fit. Nope. I was morbidly obese. Some charts would put me at super morbidly obese. I was over 330 pounds and while I had crafted a good life for myself, I had no idea how much I was missing out on in ways I could not have ever imagined now that I am 161 fit pounds.

I'm going to share the good, bad and ugly along this journey with some looks back at what was, but mostly a focus on the here and now and the yet to come.

While I am doing this largely for me, I am also hopeful you'll enjoy the journey along with me and feel free to leave comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment