Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Crabby cheesy goodness for breakfast? Yes, please!

More and more I am learning to trust myself to eat the foods my body wants to be fueled by and not worry about the convention of when in the day it is eaten or even things many would find to be odd combinations. If I am craving it, it is healthy, it is available and it is time to eat...then I'm having it!

This morning I took the last bit of crab meat I had on hand, mixed it with the Wildtree Dill Dip seasoning (go light, it can be very salty as a seasoning!), a hearty spoonful of prepared horseradish and some Mexican melting cheese. Heated it just until the cheese bubbled and put it on two cracklebreads and enjoyed the goodness sakes out of it!

The only cracklebreads I have found are gluten free and while I don't ascribe to that lifestyle, I will say these are awfully tasty and very low calorie. They are the one carb base for my food that I can eat without calculating if I am going over a non-running day carb limit and I appreciate that!  They also have a really wonderful crunch, so no toasting is required, another plus for me when I am on the road!

I had pulled out my beloved pickles at first, but realized I wasn't craving them with the crab today. I was wanting something that was more savory and the cracklebread hit the spot exactly right!

Another 'breakfast' favorite is fresh boiled shrimp with mashed avocado. I won't call it guacamole because I am truly just mashing the avocado with some sea salt and calling it a day. I consider pico a must item for it to be called guac!

Favorite non-traditional meal item for you is what?

No comments:

Post a Comment